Dan Miller is a hero of mine, and not just because he agreed to be the first guest on the podcast. We’re kindred spirits of sorts, what with our mutual passion for reading, as you’ll hear in this inaugural episode.
Dan says that if he ever stops learning, “just dig a hole and push me in. Because I’m of no use to anybody.”
Click to Listen
In this episode, Dan shares about:
- Why reading is #1 on his list of Ten Steps to Education and Becoming Rich
- Why we as a society don’t make more time for reading
- Why Dan feels there is a one-size-fits-all mindset when it comes to our education system any why he considers it so “sad”
- The diminishing value of college degrees and the concept living an authentic life
- How to turn failures into stepping stones to success
- Conquering indecision with a personal mission statement
- What it means to be intentional about who you spend the most time with
- Creating a culture of leadership and collaboration in your organization
- The importance of mentoring and being mentored
Books Worth Reading
It’s hard to do a podcast on the passion of reading and not talk about books. In this episode, Dan and I discuss several, including:
Magazines Worth Reading
Dan also mentioned several magazines he highly recommends for individuals looking to stretch and grow. Among them:
People Worth Following
More on Dan
And, of course, there are Dan’s own works and his home(s) on the web. For more, check out:
Please consider visiting our sponsor Brown Knows Media. If you’re a small business owner or an author, speaker or artist, Brown Knows Media can help you with your website and mobile marketing needs. They also build presentations for professional speakers.
Comment and Share
Be sure to leave your comments and ask questions by simply scrolling down to the bottom of the page. We would love to hear from you and welcome your feedback.
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a one- or two-sentence review in iTunes. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others. Those rating the podcast with 5 stars will be mentioned in a future episode of the podcast.
Join the Read to Lead Nation on Facebook. It’s a community of like-minded people and fans of the Read to Lead Podcast.
Let your friends on Twitter know about your love for the podcast by sending out this tweet. It’s already to send.
And, by all means, if you know someone you think would benefit, please spread the word by using the share buttons below and up top.
Finally, thanks for listening and, remember, “Leaders read and readers lead.”